Saturday, February 21, 2015

Can A High Fat Diet Help Me Shift The Fat?

Now bear with me and please don't go freaking out, I promise I've not completely lost my mind. I realise that from the title alone, many of you are questioning how on earth this sort of thing can even work?

Firstly, I should add a little more information in that the fats which I'll be eating won't just be any old fats, we're talking avocado, smoked salmon and certain nuts. 

Next, I won't be eating this way forever, the diet plan itself lasts around 14-days during which I'll be undertaking short sharp bursts of exercise of around 12 minutes per day and cutting out the carbohydrates completely. 

Sounds to good to be true right? 

Apparently not! Having looked into the reason why this way of eating works the logic is that by cutting out the carbohydrates, your body is forced to burn fat for energy! Some people have claimed to loose as much as 8lbs of fat in 14-days and this seriously appeals to me.

Ever since I injured myself a couple of years ago and ended up on crutches for several months, I've really struggled with my weight and general toning. My body just doesn't seem to respond to anything be it working out or eating right. 

I really want to give my body a good kick start so I can get to where I want to be with my figure. I have a very clear image in my mind about what I'm looking for and what I want my body to look like namely the below. It's always good to have an end plan so you know what you're working towards!
This was a time when I felt pretty confident in my body image. My body was responding well to exercise and my thighs were nice and toned (I've always had runners thighs so they're pretty big but most of that's muscle)

Whilst I didn't have a 6-pack, I felt that my tummy was pretty flat and there was some good definition around my waist. This is what I'm aiming for and this is my motivation. This picture was taken in 2012  when Ad and I were away in Lanzarote and we had such a lovely time relaxing and scoffing lots of tapas style dishes. Point being, it wasn't that long ago, so I know it's something my body can achieve!

Now we've discussed my motivations, I think we should move on to why I'm blogging about my newest venture. Well that's easy, I know my readers might be interested in seeing how I get on so I thought I'd share my journey with you including some starting images and figures (although not my weight as I don't want people criticising me here) and also sharing some pictures of an average eating day whilst on the plan!

Today (21st February) marks the first day of mine and Ad's new routine, yup, I'm dragging him along for the ride. I've stocked up on some supplements such as magnesium and a multi-vitamin which really helped me during a previous clean and lean style detox.

So here we go:
  • Waist - 28 inches
  • Tummy - 33 inches
  • Body fat - 28.2%
I'm not huge by any means, but I'm not confident right now and I do want to get my figure back.

So, stay tuned and I'll let you know how I get on!

Have you tried the High Fat Diet? 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)